The Leyspring Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leyspring is a group of Landmark players dedicated to Innovation. We are united in our efforts to push the limits of construction and entertainment for all players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pookiemonster

The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse Empty
PostSubject: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi guys!

While I'm still going to be working on my theater, I thought I'd post a note about a side project I set up real quick: The Shed.

I'm jokingly referring to it as Leyspring's warehouse district... I set up a simple shed and some chests for surplus props, crafting stations/tools, and materials.  Let me know and I'll give you Customer access to it so you can get into the chests.  I believe you can also add things to the chests as well as take stuff out of them, but I don't think I ever saw that explicitly stated.

Anyway, I thought my claim was actually pretty central to everyone, so I'm donating one of my attached claims to be a communal shed/warehouse.  If anyone wants to work on it and make it better, I'll happily give you building permissions.  I'll be working on it from time to time as I think of stuff, but it's not my main focus.

So, anyway, stuff's there if you want it.  Right now it's just stone and plain wood planks, but I thought perhaps having a storehouse like that might be useful down the road.

-Pook
Back to top Go down
Tsagh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:15 pm

I love the idea, start recruiting a team. I think this will be a great thing to have especially once we get into Open Beta
Back to top Go down
http://www.leyspring.com
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:41 pm

I guess the upcoming wipe will make this even more important for the onset of closed beta.

Once again I shift my focus and the theater will have to go on hold. Smile I'll set the new shed/warehouse up on my claim and try to recruit people for simply gathering resources so all you master builders can get your creations back up as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Tsagh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:12 am

Actually, Pookie given the projected length of closed beta, I think that getting a theater operating is one of the best things we can do. I really want to see a performance!
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:20 am

I do think having the warehouse would be important, especially since we'll need to craft everything all over again from scratch. It'd help get everyone up and running faster, and it'll be very good to have when upkeep hits.

I guess we'll have to see how closed beta works. I'm assuming at least three adjoining claims again, so I could still donate one claim for the warehouse and work on both.
Back to top Go down
Tsagh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:33 am

Yeah, having a designated area for sharing resources will be great too, but as soon as we're in a good position with respect to progression and resource gathering we should start dedicating quite a bit of Community effort on the Theater. That's going to be one of the places we can really do something fun and new.
Back to top Go down
Kelvara

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:00 pm

This might actually be something I would be good at doing.
Back to top Go down
Voidlust

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:09 am

Both sound like excellent ideas. Now that I am done with my other project I can focus on other stuff again.

I know Pookie had started the theater already, and I know I had planned on heading this up (before I knew Pookie started on one) Ideally I would really like to see the theater done of 4 claims, we could build a true proper theater in that space and I think it would be extremely impressive.

Of course we need the ability to have 4 claims Smile

Lets all get together once closed beta actually starts and we see the updated road map / what was added and we can start planning both. Or even just discuss it in the next "town meeting" (assume there will be one shortly after CB launch)

How does that sounds to everyone?
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:30 am

I'm totally with you on the 4 claims. I'd like to at least be involved with the planning, being a theater person myself. Most of my vision for the theater involves the backstage area (workshop, costuming, dressing rooms, green room, etc). I"m very happy to turn over the actual building to the much more talented people and donate my claims for the endeavor.

I think Lisc and I had a rather nice 2-claim theater going, but I absolutely want a larger stage/house. If we could stagger the claims to make a bowling-pin kind of set up we'd only need 3 claims - one claim for front of house and then two for the house itself.

I think this bears discussion.
Back to top Go down
Tsagh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:36 am

It seems like you guys have a good team going!
Back to top Go down
Voidlust

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:22 pm

I don't mind taking over building at all and of course you are welcome to be involved anyway you want to be. Help planning would be huge, because like you I want to make this a true theater not just a facade, that means backstage, substructure for trap doors on stage the works.

And to be honest without a ton of research I am not sure of all the ins and outs so any help is appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:28 pm

I'm only familiar with smaller stages, unfortunately, but I did once do a children's show on the biggest stage in the world in Reno (holy crap was it huge). I'm not sure about fancier stuff like trap doors, but I can certainly help with believable backstage, lighting rigs, substages, etc etc.

The grand plan is to code up some running NPC productions once (if) we get that functionality, including backstage and off-stage life - not just hanging around somewhere until they have to go back on stage) - so I do have ideas of what I want backstage.

Looking forward to hashing and planning.
Back to top Go down
Tsagh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:30 pm

I'd like to see some actual PLAYER productions too, especially while we're waiting for NPC's to be added in. Templates are awesome for "scene changes"

Let me know how I can help and what you need from me to support the endeavor.
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Oh absolutely, but that will present its own set of unique challenges... very very cool unique challenges.

I'll ruminate and put something up in a separate topic.

Back to top Go down
Voidlust

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 5:08 pm

Yup, I know you mentioned glass would be extremely useful for partitioning off the stage area. Can't wait till that is in. And /sit and interactive chair props ....... I want true seating Smile

Also been trying to think of other functionality and how it would work, i.e. curtain closes, set changes etc... I am keeping this all in the back of my mind atm but I am personally going to focus on building first for without the theater, none of the other things will matter :)Once we at least have the thing under construction we can start to test out various things in case they need to influence the build.

Here are just some quick references of what I envisioned the theater to be based off of.

https://2img.net/h/i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz103/Voidlust/Voidlust%20-%20Misc/Miscellaneous/Theatre_Royal_Brighton_zpsd9537e5f.jpg~original

The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse Les_Miserables_Paris_2010_Theatre_du_Chatelet060_zpsa10cb8aa
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 5:18 pm

You and I are on the same page. Smile Rather, we were on two different pages, but I like yours better since mine just has scribblings on it.

I started a topic for the actual execution of productions. I guess I'll start a new one in the Projects section for the theater itself since we've strayed way off topic. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:50 pm

So getting back on topic... Wink

Looks like upkeep is going to come with the start of closed beta.

Maybe the shed should be a priority. Not a really big priority, but at least the start of a communal storage so that we can all afford our upkeeps as our builds begin to require multiple claims. Maybe even find people who prefer to explore/harvest so we could have a dedicated team to free up the builders to do what they do best instead of having to worry about upkeep.

We could also get crafting stations up and running there so everyone has access and people who don't want to waste time progressing through the crafting don't have to. Really, it's about freeing up the world builders to build the world.
Back to top Go down
Tsagh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:52 pm

I will support any efforts and resource sharing as I can.
Back to top Go down
Voidlust

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:43 pm

Resources will certainly take some coordination as far as who has permissions and what they are to be used for etc... But overall I do very much like the idea.

In the immediate future, i.e. as soon as one of us lays a claim on Courage - Spring, we should work towards a Leyspring Crafting hall. Initially meaning we should consider pooling all our resources to burn through the crafting station progression asap and have it open to the public. From there we can all focus on our personal stations should we so choose.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Tsagh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm good with that.
Back to top Go down
OlivePit

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 am

Add my name to the list and I will drop off mats as i get them.
Candor will vouch for me i think : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse   The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shed - Leyspring's Warehouse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Leyspring Community :: Projects-
Jump to: