Leyspring is a group of Landmark players dedicated to Innovation. We are united in our efforts to push the limits of construction and entertainment for all players.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Forums Suggestions and Forum Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BogusMeatFactory

PostSubject: Forums Suggestions and Forum Rules   Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:27 am

Alright! Let's get our forums organized and straightened out and you all can be a part of this beautiful planning process! Currently, our forums sections seem somewhat sparse, having only portions dedicated to:

• Announcements
  • Projects
  • Ideas and Discussions
  • Events

What other threads do you guys think are necessary in order to make a clear cut forum for people to know where to look for what they want to look for.

For me, my suggestion is the renaming of Ideas and Discussions. It seems very vague and generic. My suggestion would be to split it up into two different sections entitled:

• General Discussions - Where people gather to just talk about anything and everything. They can talk about video games, pets, food anything and everything. this is the place where people go to get to know more about the members of the community.
  • The Workshop - This is where people go to get help, share ideas on personal projects and to share techniques on Voxel manipulation

But this doesn't end there. We need a section dedicated to showing off. We all are working hard on projects and creations and maybe we could have a, "Gallery," section where we can put up video tours or pictures to show off our creations and give insight in what we enjoyed making.

We also need to set up rules for Forum behavior within the community.

This is what I have so far!

1. Always display a positive, friendly attitude
  2. Be respectful of others' opinions
  3. Do not deliberately start arguments. Debates are great, as long as they remain respectful!
  4. Always try to "give" back to our community. For each time you find help or answers, try to help someone else out in return.
  5. Although you may consider yourself to be an "expert" now, try to remember that we were all new and learning once upon a time.
  6. Stay focused -- Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved, locked or simply be deleted.
  7. Be nice to each other and respect the moderator. If you have a problem with another member turn to the respective moderator and if the moderator can't help, you can send a private message to an admin.
  8. No obvious spam (we know obvious spam when you see it)

Just some thoughts. Let us Discuss!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Forums Suggestions and Forum Rules
Page 1 of 1