The Leyspring Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leyspring is a group of Landmark players dedicated to Innovation. We are united in our efforts to push the limits of construction and entertainment for all players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Leyspring Games Pavilion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pookiemonster

The Leyspring Games Pavilion Empty
PostSubject: The Leyspring Games Pavilion   The Leyspring Games Pavilion EmptyMon May 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Some of you already know about my chessboard arena from back in Alpha.

With the advent of light orbs and multiple claims, I have a new vision to make it bigger and better. Instead of just an arena, I'm working now on building a huge 4-claim courtyard/pavilion. I will gladly accept help from any interested parties.

Here's the idea:

The centerpiece of the pavilion is the chess board, a floating board of islands up above the courtyard. The courtyard itself will be a giant nine men's morris board. There will also be areas for reversi, go, connect-4, and Battleship.

Those four latter games will be played via light orbs on a board. You turn the orbs on and off to "place" your pieces. A fully playable reversi board is already up on the game to demonstrate.

The chess board and nine men's morris board will both be home to PvP events once we get the systems in August. I'd like to host PvP variants of chess and nine men's morris. Even before then we could host live versions of games. I also have a few variant ideas.

Once the pavilion is up and running, it'll be available to anyone who wants to organize games in it.

The reversi board is tagged reversi and game so you can find it in the showcase.

I'm going to need a crapload of lumicite for light orbs: white and red in particular. Probably a lot of yellow, too, since the yellow/red combination seems to work pretty well. I'll be testing out various color choices for the other games. I don't want everything to look the same.

Other than materials, I won't need any other help until I get it blocked out a bit more. I'll update this forum thread as I need help with things. I'll certainly need help making it look good - I'm not nearly as creative as the rest of this community.

Anyway, feel free to try out and enjoy the reversi board.
Back to top Go down
Rrobin769

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Games Pavilion   The Leyspring Games Pavilion EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:15 am

hey pookie this sounds great. In a few days hopefully. i should be done with using the lumicite i have you would be welcomed to have whatever i have left over . i should in theory have plenty yellow and red left over but im using a major amount myself. i would steer away from yellow and red combo . issue is orange and red are extremely bright so the red and orange tends to overwhelm the yellow when they light up they seem to turn the yellow to orange redish glow rather then yellow. I suggest Blue and orange for they are both pretty dominate and wont overwhelm each other. Pink and yellow and green may work well since they are both light colors. just not sure what colors you really want. but i know red and orange tend to bleed in the lighter colors such as yellow and green amd possibly pink though i havent played with pink.

And ill be glad to land a hand when i need a break from my own project.
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Games Pavilion   The Leyspring Games Pavilion EmptySun May 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi guys!

So after the Cave Claim Wipe, I'll be setting this back up and hosting some community builds. I've got vague ideas, but either I just don't have the building chops, or my "floating island chess board" idea just doesn't work. So I figure more creative minds than mine will prevail.

Anyway, I'm chugging along building all the rough elements of the pavilion - chess board, nine-men's-morris board, the various light orb games... once the claim wipe happens, I'll set them all out so we all have an idea of what I'm going for, and then I'll open it up to everyone and we can have some fun building a community pavilion where we can host games and events.
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Games Pavilion   The Leyspring Games Pavilion EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:16 pm

So now that it's been confirmed that there won't be a big wipe with caves, I'm going to set things back up (my upkeep ran out and I lost my claims) and open it up to the community.

If you want to join in the building, let me know via in-game mail, replying here, or a private message, or whatever, and I'll give you permission.

Honestly, I have no idea what we'd need material-wise, although donations of copper for upkeep are always welcome.

I'll host a big build night to kick things off, probably in a couple weeks - going on vacation next Friday.

I'm excited to get this going. I really think this could be a very fun location for community events. More info once I set the claims back up.
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Games Pavilion   The Leyspring Games Pavilion EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Hello everybody!

So caves have hit and I'm back from vacation.  I set up a block of four new claims for the pavilion and blocked out the important stuff to give an idea of what I'm going for.

I decided not to include the playable game boards right now due to performance issues (they use the light orbs, so that's a LOT of light), but we can break them out for parties and events.

So first, the screenshot:
The Leyspring Games Pavilion Screenshot_20140614-18-05-11

The pavilion or cove or whatever it will be called is now open for community building.  If you want in, get in touch with me and I'll give you building permissions.

Now for the community building event:  I'll be online to host a grand community build next Wednesday, June 25, at 8:30pm EST.  Hopefully I'll see you there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Games Pavilion   The Leyspring Games Pavilion Empty

Back to top Go down

The Leyspring Games Pavilion
Page 1 of 1