The Leyspring Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leyspring is a group of Landmark players dedicated to Innovation. We are united in our efforts to push the limits of construction and entertainment for all players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Education - Schools

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelvara

Education - Schools Empty
PostSubject: Education - Schools   Education - Schools EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Education
How many gamers do we know that are currently enrolled taking courses and spend a lot of their "study" time hanging out in voice chat with friends while dancing around in game? Obviously the answer to this question is a lot! What if we introduced something nobody has ever seen before; in game study sessions. We can setup a multi-level education structure where people can come to classrooms and study relevant material from any range of subjects, as long as we have people who are interested in the subject. Because this game is completely sandbox, I don't see how it couldn't work. I will list below some other ideas:

• Structured PvP training - military training to make sure that no threats can lead to the demise of Leyspring.

• Individual PvP training - people interested in furthering their personal PvP skills in order to rank in in real-time situations such as arena, battlegrounds, etc.

• Classroom courses - people can sign up for study groups, and also have volunteers to help tutor these groups.

• Meetup groups - meet up to discuss anything and everything!

• The possibilities are endless.

Last edited by Kelvara on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsagh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Education - Schools   Education - Schools EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Hey Kelvara, this is one of the things we've actually started rolling. There is a class scheduled for March 24 at 7pm PDT
Back to top Go down
http://www.leyspring.com
Kelvara

PostSubject: Re: Education - Schools   Education - Schools EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:35 pm

I saw that, that's pretty incredible, Tsagh!

What I was thinking of was more along the lines of spending time in-game while studying out of game context such as Computer Science, etc. The idea I have behind this is to help build community in as many ways as we can.

As an example to demonstrate the concept. I'm currently enrolled full-time getting my degree in Computer Science. As like many other gamers, and even gamers who aren't enrolled yet are interested in one thing or another that they feel like would be fun to experience online. While I'm not doing things like building and resource gathering in game, I spend my time studying. And here is where my point comes in. What I consider "studying" is really time spent in voice chat with my current social group trying as hard as I can not to get sidetracked while they are having a good time in game. This makes my lack of motivation to get my work and studying done. Which isn't good!

So what I'm proposing is gathering a group of like minded individuals who have similar problems; who want to hang out in game and talk with friends via voice chat, yet really want to be able to focus on school. We can have weekly or even nightly meets, at any given time period to help each other out and study which running around in game. Even if it's just a room in a random shed, having a place for everybody to sit around with each other and get this done is something I think can be a great idea. If teachers want to come, or mentors and tutors, this would also help with the success of this project.

I'm not sure if the idea will catch on and be successful, however, it's something I'd like to try if anybody else was interested.
Back to top Go down
Merma

PostSubject: Re: Education - Schools   Education - Schools EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:51 pm

They do that in Second Life for real. Actual RL universities have held classes for credits in game. Or at least they did at some point. It's been so long since I visited that world...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Education - Schools   Education - Schools Empty

Back to top Go down

Education - Schools
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Leyspring Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: