The Leyspring Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leyspring is a group of Landmark players dedicated to Innovation. We are united in our efforts to push the limits of construction and entertainment for all players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AI systems which includes PvP and questing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelvara

AI systems which includes PvP and questing Empty
PostSubject: AI systems which includes PvP and questing   AI systems which includes PvP and questing EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Player versus X and Questing
Renown - Players should be able to become good or evil within their designated faction. Heroes will be rewarded by townsfolk with gifts and quests to help the city grow, etc. Villains should be feared. When I think of this, I am reminded of the class Fable gameplay and the results of the type of renown I chose to build my character with. It gives more depth to your character, allowing you to feel a personal connection to them and the game as well.

Player driven quests and complete control over npc AI - Given that Landmark is a complete sandbox game, players should be given complete control over npc AI. I don't care how we acquire our inventory of npc's, I just think once we have them, we should be able to do a number of unique and interesting things with them. Here are some examples of ideas that I'd like to do with my npc AI:

• Players can hire their npc's to carry out orders, whether it be PvP or PvE. For example, players can hire them to do things like ambush towns, other players that are on kill lists, etc.

• Players can take hostages. Hostages are whispered across the realms via couriers, mail, town chatter, and bounty boards.

• The enemy faction can setup missions to take back hostages and be rewarded accordingly.

More innovative quests and dungeons - I really like the games the require thought to complete a dungeon or quest. Neverwinter has done a great job at this, as well as single player games like Skyrim. Some examples of what I mean here:

• Players have to match correct symbol patterns in order to progress further.

• Players have a set of trials that need to be completed timely in order to progress.

• Certain traps require certain materials in order to complete, for example, dynamite to get behind a barricaded wall. Certain players who have acquired unique skills such as lock picking or certain spells that will defeat a barrier blocking the path. With the incorporation of the entertainer class, you can require certain song patterns to be played to gain entrance.

• Invisible floors that require unique spells or a certain amount of courage to brave.

• Every zone has a PvP objective - Not everybody has to participate. Designate an area for players to create and build city defense systems and implement war bosses in these areas. If the opposite faction or npc's gain control, the city is taken over. This makes it feel like a living, breathing world.

Political System - Give players the right to choose a guild who controls the cities economy, market, etc. Individual leaders can also be voted on, who are necessarily enrolled in the guild controlling the city, this creates drama and can add more depth and immersion to the game.

Quest hubs - I'm not sure how questing is going to be presented in Next, but I think that players should be given a reason to gather in certain areas in the world. For example:
Inns can have bounty boards that are filled with player created quests and bounties, much like in Neverwinter.
Back to top Go down
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: AI systems which includes PvP and questing   AI systems which includes PvP and questing EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:21 am

This is something I plan to be very involved in when we get these tools. While the overall goals are Tsagh's to determine, I fully intend to run around the Leyspring claims working on NPCs and doing story and quests and all that so the better builders can build. I like building, but my strengths are more in this area.

When we get all this functionality, let's chat. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tsagh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AI systems which includes PvP and questing   AI systems which includes PvP and questing EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:38 am

Pookiemonster wrote:
This is something I plan to be very involved in when we get these tools.  While the overall goals are Tsagh's to determine, I fully intend to run around the Leyspring claims working on NPCs and doing story and quests and all that so the better builders can build.  I like building, but my strengths are more in this area.

When we get all this functionality, let's chat. Smile

Overall goals are OURS to determine. We're a community Wink

I am excited about this stuff too. I can't wait until we can add the next level of story-telling to our building.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leyspring.com
Pookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: AI systems which includes PvP and questing   AI systems which includes PvP and questing EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:40 am

Heh. I still consider you the leader, Tsagh... this was your big idea. Wink

That said, while I don't want to presume, I'd be happy to get as involved as you want me to be in bringing Leyspring to life with story, quests, NPCs, and all that. We should definitely have a person or group of persons to coordinate the efforts so Leyspring feels like a cohesive whole and not just a random collection of player-built missions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AI systems which includes PvP and questing   AI systems which includes PvP and questing Empty

Back to top Go down

AI systems which includes PvP and questing
Page 1 of 1