The Leyspring Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leyspring is a group of Landmark players dedicated to Innovation. We are united in our efforts to push the limits of construction and entertainment for all players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Introduction Thread!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

The Introduction Thread! Empty
PostSubject: The Introduction Thread!   The Introduction Thread! EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 12:50 am

Hello everyone! The name is BogusMeatFactory, or BogusMeat if you see me in-game. I am a recent addition to the closed beta, getting sucked in after I was awarded a 7 day trial, only to plunk down some cash to stay in it. I have been playing now for roughly 2 weeks and only now have I started to learn about the micro-voxels and anti-voxels and all that delightfully complicated information.

As for why I am here, simple, I love to create. I tend to differ a lot from the norm. Where most people like to build large imposing structures, I am all about creating the small, intimate and detailed environments. I like to also tell stories and what better way than with a world. My one creation that I have been working on is trying to use subtlety in the environment to tell a story that you learn about as you explore. I have a video I recently made about the progress and what details I have put into my claim to make it stand out as interesting. Know that I am a beginner still as a builder, but am more than willing to learn and take critique, as I want to grow as a builder.

Now for a bit about myself on a personal level. I am a lover of games of all walks of life. I started playing the Atari 2600 with my older brothers as a child, learning the ropes of games like Combat!, Pitfall and Adventure. I also adopted computer gaming with the Apple IIGS and fell in love with the sierra adventure games. All my life I have been gaming and looking deeply in the art of game design. I love games that use subtlety in their works. Games like Shadow of the Colossus, Heavy Rain, the Myst Franchise and a great text-adventure game, A Mind Forever Voyaging are all great examples of how a game can utilize subtle information from the environment to spur curiosity. That is what I want to create with my work and bring to the table to the community as a whole.

For me it is not about making a big idea, but making a big idea look and feel lived in. I want to make stuff that forces the player to ask questions about what they are seeing and what the point and purpose of objects and environments are about. I hope that I can learn the ropes of the creation tools even more so to be able to achieve that and I hope that I can help in any way possible to this group.
Back to top Go down
GoldDraco13

PostSubject: Re: The Introduction Thread!   The Introduction Thread! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:03 am

I really liked how you presented your build, I'm impressed, also uplifting to see someone that knows that they are learning and can visualize the future of Landmark with patience, your just the type of person I like to know and work with. Look forward to chatting with you on Vent and visiting your claim in game.

GoldDraco13
aka : Draconious
Back to top Go down
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

PostSubject: Re: The Introduction Thread!   The Introduction Thread! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 10:37 am

Why thank you good sir! I have a lot to learn, as like I said, I am still very very new, only having played for 2 weeks now. I would love to get some info about the microvoxel workbench thing-a-ma-bobber as I have yet to incorporate that into my creations and would really love to start experimenting with it.

If ever you want, my claim is on Determination - Cliff far north from the hub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Introduction Thread!   The Introduction Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Introduction Thread!
Page 1 of 1