The Leyspring Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leyspring is a group of Landmark players dedicated to Innovation. We are united in our efforts to push the limits of construction and entertainment for all players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread!   Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread! EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:19 pm

Hello and welcome to Leyspring! If you are new to the community or the forums and want to introduce yourself, this is the place to be!
Back to top Go down
xelara

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread!   Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 12:46 am

Heyooo. Not new here, really, but happy to reintroduce myself to keep this thread alive Smile

Xelara. That's pronounced "eks-zell-ara", but you'd never know cuz I'm the mute on. Always on the Leyspring voice server, but all ears. Type in chat a lot, tho!

Bit about me: I've been into virtual worlds and community building since ActiveWorlds OnLive. Was a neighborhood officer in Cybertown. And built and hosted many worlds via Blaxxun tech. I also love to design and build. Was a minecraft addict for a while til I felt like it hit a ceiling: wired up an entire rail system with stations and etc. But I'm really excited about the potential here for transforming world building, player-based game design, and online communities. Not interested in EQNext, frankly. I'll be sticking around Landmark!

Last edited by xelara on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread!   Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:17 am

Xelara so good to see you here on the forums! I remember playing around in Blaxxun's Cybertown way back in the day when I was a kid. I had always been interested in various virtual communities and helping foster an awesome friendly environment, even at a younger age. This was back in time when we could only connect late at night, because we had access to only dial-up and had only one phone line.

As for Minecraft, what about it made you feel that you hit a ceiling? Did you do any on-line play? I found that playing with a small handfull of dedicated friends on a personal server made all the difference in terms of entertainment value. There is just something about building with friends that makes things all the better. Like I have said before about me, though, I make much smaller personal spaces, so our Minecraft creations tended to be ghost towns with journals alluding to what happened and the sort. I am a dork!
Back to top Go down
xelara

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread!   Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread! EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:55 am

That was a big factor in the ceiling for me, that I was building in isolation and local coop only. Wasn't connecting with the right groups, apparently! Obviously, Landmark solves this without having to run in the right circles Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread!   Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Official Introduction Thread!
Page 1 of 1