The Leyspring Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leyspring is a group of Landmark players dedicated to Innovation. We are united in our efforts to push the limits of construction and entertainment for all players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Leyspring Meet and Greet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

The Leyspring Meet and Greet Empty
PostSubject: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 12:37 pm

The Leyspring Meet and Greet Meetngreet3_zpsebf16d3e

"Come one come all to the Leyspring Meet and Greet and get to know members of the Landmark Community at the Spring Court, located on Courage - Spring just west of the hub on Tuesday, May 6th at 10 PM EST.

Want to meet other like-minded individuals? Now is your chance! Curious to know about upcoming events? This is where you belong! Want to find communities that meet your needs? Come on down!

Not only will you learn about everything Landmark has to offer, you could also get a chance to win LEGENDARY GEAR in our free raffle!

If you are interested in having your event or community represented, please send me a private message and we will make sure that you get represented at this fun for all ages event!"

Hey everyone, BogusMeatFactory here! I am making this thread to bring up discussion on the upcoming Meet and Greet we will be holding on Tuesday the 6th of May. I wanted to bring my personal input on what I expect from the event and would love input on what other people would like to see happen during the event, as well as get the location set up and maybe get some volunteers to help out with the event.

First off, a little bit about myself and my experience with similar events. A long long time ago, there was (and still is) an MMO called, Myst Online: Uru Live, which focused on the popular Myst franchise. The game centered around exploring rich worlds and landscapes and solving puzzles with friends in an MMO environment. With its unorthodox approach to an MMO, the mechanics and goals could, at times, be difficult for new players to understand. The user interface itself was a puzzle that required players to experiment and figure out how to use, which meant that people needed a helping hand in a lot of the day to day goings on in the world.

That is where the Guild of Greeters came in. The Guild of Greeters (GoG) was a sanctioned organization backed by the development studio, Cyan Worlds as a dedicated group of peopl e who were there to help new players acclimate to the strange and vastly different MMO environment. We helped with the learning curve and encouraged people to get active in the community by promoting events and being shining beacons of a budding community in hopes that the positive behavior would spread like wildfire throughout.

The parallels between Myst Online and Landmark are very similar. Both games have a very steep learning curve, they have unorthodox mechanics that differ from a standard MMO and it can be incredibly daunting to new players.

What I want to achieve with this event is simple:

1. Introduce new and old players alike to the community being fostered by Leyspring.

2. Provide information on upcoming events and also describe some of the roles Leyspring has in the community i.e. The Academy, the Bazaar etc.

3. Inform players about the possibilities for future events and how the tools we currently have can be used to engage people in fun and exciting ways. A great example of this is SchroedingerCat’s Frozen event.

4. Integrate current members of Leyspring not active on the forums or Ventrillo further into the community.

5. I would also want to set up go-to people that questions and concerns people have can be brought to besides Voidlust and Tsagh.

In order to achieve these goals, we need to do some work.

We need to:

1. Come up with a standardized Leyspring mission statement.

2. Create a list of events that will be taking place after the 6th

3. Get volunteers who are willing to talk about some of the Leyspring backed events like the Academy, preferrably people who are active in the management and execution of said events.

4. Build up awareness on the Landmark forums for the event. That means we need people bumping and encouraging the event within the Leyspring community to keep it on page 1 and fresh in people’s memory

5. We need Criers who are willing to shout on different islands to get people aware, the day of the event. We can never have enough of that.

I am more than happy to take on the role of managing and MCing the event, but we will need some people to fill out the roles in the 3rd point. So let’s start the discussion.

The Easy Part – When and Where

Leyspring Mission Statement
This is something we were discussing during the group meeting. My thoughts on it are as such.

Leyspring represents a group of like minded individuals whose goals are to engage players in the community of Landmark. We want to be the doorway to oppertunities for players to experience roleplaying events, building classes and other player driven events. We want to provide the tools and oppertunities for players to branch out and learn about all the potentials that Landmark can provide and in turn, help continue to flourish this blossoming community.

I want to hear people’s thoughts on this as well and provide feedback. I could be totally off the mark on this, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Now, this is not set in stone. If there other goals that people want to achieve from this meet and greet, please let me know. Like I said, I could be completely off on the original vision for this event, so any feedback would be great.

Last edited by BogusMeatFactory on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Volunteer Sign-Up Sheet

M.C. - BogusMeatFactory (BogusMeat in-game)

Guest Speakers -

Criers - Xelara

Last edited by BogusMeatFactory on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xelara

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 12:36 am

Hi BMF. Nice work here. Glad to see the forums used more and glad to see a focus on community building.

I'll sign up to be a Crier. It's kinda what I do anyways when I'm about and about and telling folks how awesome Leyspring is Smile
Back to top Go down
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:24 am

Awesome Xelara, glad to know you are on board! I wanted to get the time hammered out here real quick, I was thinking 9 PM EST or 10 PM EST that day...any thoughts?

Also, we need to get a hold of Dexella so that our event can be announced on their stream on wednesday AND I was wondering if someone would be willing to stream the event. My internet speed is far too slow to play the game and stream, so a cameraman would be very helpful!

I was thinking about talking through Vent, but also copy and pasting my little schpeel in game as I go along if streaming is an option.

I also want to note that I will be on vacation from Monday until Thursday, so I really want to try and get all the important stuff planned and ready to go i.e. the time, the location, getting the official Landmark forum post up etc.

I am trying to get a hold of Chamille to see if we can use the bazaar as the location. I know it is a work in progress, but I feel that that is kind of the point, to show what we have been working on and what the bazaar's potential will be when completed... all the more reason to take part in the community! Plus it has a killer stage to talk on.
Back to top Go down
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:42 pm

So a quick update! We have the Spring Court as our location and it will be slated for Tuesday the 6th of May at 10 PM EST. We are going to have some legendary items up for a raffle thanks to Locknars and Olive and I am going to get the advertisement ready for the Landmark forums!
Back to top Go down
Chamille

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Just some info.

The Spring Court is just west of the spire on Courage - Spring, and if you need any specific build permission stuff done just contact me in game ~_^.
Back to top Go down
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 11:29 pm

Thank you Chamille! I really appreciate it! I won't need any special permissions for anything as you have the stage there, which is all I really need! I also updated the top post with the ad I will be running on the official landmark forums tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
xelara

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:49 am

Terrific. I'll spread the word and be at the event. I can't do "cameraman" work, at least not yet. And, for better or for worse, a lot of Landmark-related times are given in Pacific Time. If we have to pick one, I think we should use that to reduce confusion.

So, Tuesday, May 6th at 7pm PT
Back to top Go down
BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Alright so I posted up a thread in the Landmark forums which you can see here! I hope that everyone puts their two cents in and keeps the thread in plain sight for all to see while I am away for this week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Leyspring Meet and Greet   The Leyspring Meet and Greet Empty

Back to top Go down

The Leyspring Meet and Greet
Page 1 of 1