The Leyspring Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leyspring is a group of Landmark players dedicated to Innovation. We are united in our efforts to push the limits of construction and entertainment for all players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System

Go down 
+7
Xeidman
Vixander
Sawlstone
Moonz
Voidlust
Tsagh
Chamille
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chamille

Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System   Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 2:31 am

Allukos wrote:

Maybe set a minimum supply value for each resource, and then if it falls below then the tax added is
required ore = [desired quantity x Value ratio] x [100 - [actual supply stores] / [minimum supply value] ]

That could work. I might play around and see what kind of numbers I get with this equation. The values of resources probably won't change on a daily basis either, especially since we have no simple way to advertise this change in game. The values will likely change between its business days depending on the trade results of the previous business day. Since a lot of people aren't actively involved in management yet either I'd like to keep things as simple as possible for now.

Allukos wrote:

potentially if we start getting an oversupply do the same with an upper limit value, and then set a max value to stop ridiculous storage costs...speaking of which are we planning on having a large vault? 10k per stack is going to take up space very quickly if this takes off.

Skrug has actually contributed greatly to figuring this out. He's been storing resources on his claim by placing them as voxel blocks in a warehouse. His claim is directly northwest of the Spring Court if you want to see. I think he did the math and said he can store about 7 million resources on a claim? I'm not exactly sure. However, this is being stored off site, so on site, we'll have to deal with chests and what little space we can get. If this trade operation takes off to the point where we're running into storage problems I can probably design the underground area of the spring court as a storage system too but I'd rather see the player reception of the trading system first.
Back to top Go down
Merma

PostSubject: Re: Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System   Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:51 am

Hi,
Small Update:
Spent the weekend working on a personal project for the contest then blew up my PC  affraid 

No worries,  lol! I installed a new video card (evga brand nVidia GTX 760 FTW 4G) and my power supply just could not take it..Snap, snap **smell of burning circuitry**
Have a new evga Power supply installed and back at it! yay!

New video card took Landmark FPS from 16-17 at medium quality graphics   Evil or Very Mad  
to 45-50 at Ultra  Laughing so it was worth it all.  cheers 

Look forward to getting going on some of the items listed above. (stands first probably)

I will post (or in game mail) you once I have some for you to come look at.
Back to top Go down
Merma

PostSubject: Re: Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System   Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 11:23 am

Some of the new blueprint might affect this project. In particular...

The Economy: Merchants, so you can swap out resources for coin (which pays for upkeep as well as being a handy commodity for trading between players), and the Market Stalls at the Hub (so you have a place to set up shop for travelers passing through). Shocked 

I'm still all in for building ours, and we will beat the June deployment schedule from SOE, but we should start thinking now about ways to draw people away from the game stalls.
The only way I can see to do that is make ours more "popular" by implementing some of the "freebies" and such we talked about above. And also providing some "exclusive" items that can not be found at the hub stalls or on Player Studio.
That will take some effort.
Back to top Go down
Merma

PostSubject: Re: Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System   Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Hiya, stopped by the Court and Hmmm...Nothing there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System   Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leyspring Bazaar & Trade System
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2